Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Well, Nicole inspired me to start a vegan blog. It sounds more
overwhelming to abstain from animal by products than it actually is.
Its all aboutknowing what to buy. I think whole foods can be very overwhelming and trader Joe's doesn't have the best selection of vegan food. But you would be surprised by what is vegan and what is not, for example some oreos are vegan but the original oreos never are! Strange. If you are ever wanting to get soy milk, i recommend the Very vanilla Silk soy milk (its a purple container). I was vegan once before for about a year and i learned a lot. And I am trying again!



Last
night, i had no desire to make dinner. Si just cut up the res t of our
wheat baguette, i used soy spread (like imitation butter) buttered the
bread threw it in the oven on broil for about a minute. I serve it with
just a bread dipping sauce,EVOO, balsamic vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper and basil. It's so good! So that and some tofurkey sandwiches. I prefer the peppered tofurkey but they are all pretty good. I like veganaise for taste but Ryan does not. Load it up with veggies and its not too different from eating at my sister Kelly's house at dinner time.

No comments: